DID YOU KNOW… More than 70% of all people have painful foot problems at some time during their lifetime. Foot pain is not normal.
Take these quizzes to see how much of a Foot care Expert you are! (Answes can be found at the bottom of the page.)
Some famous people down through the ages have made memorable statements about feet or have otherwise influenced the way we think about feet and shoes. Can you identify the person connected with the following?
- Which Greek philosopher said, “When our feet hurt, we hurt all over”?
- Which Renaissance artist called the foot “a masterpiece of engineering and a work of art”?
- Leonardo da Vinci
- What hero of ancient Greece gave his name to the largest and strongest tendon in the foot?
|DID YOU KNOW… The average person, engaging in non-strenuous activity, walks approximately 4 miles every day or about 115,000 miles in a lifetime.
Use these numbers to answer the following questions about parts of the foot – 5, 20, 26, 33, 100
- How many of the body’s 206 bones are located in each foot?
- How many joints hold these bones together?
- How many muscles are used to move the bones of each foot?
- How many ligaments join these bones?
- (This one’s easy…) How many nails protect the toes of each foot?
|DID YOU KNOW… During a typical day, the feet endure a cumulative force of several hundred tons.
Answers to Quiz I:
1)B 2)A 3)C
Answers to Quiz II:
1) 26, 2) 33, 3) 20, 4) 100, 5) 5
|YES, IT’S TRUE… The human foot is a highly specialized structure containing 26 relatively small bones, more than 150 ligaments and an intricate network of muscles, nerves and blood vessels.